And I don’t know about you, but I am totally DONE shopping for gifts! Black Friday + Cyber Weekend was awesome in helping me to just get it all and finish before the season started. I love being able to just get it done and out of the way so I can focus on the spirit of Christmas, through service and having fun with my family.
Once I finish my shopping, I always get an itch to get them wrapped up because I love wrapping presents. My tradition is getting all of my wrapping gear out and spread out around me and popping in Christmas Vacation. It’s my favorite Christmas movie, but my husband doesn’t like it and doesn’t particularly enjoy wrapping, so it’s my thing I get to enjoy for myself.
I know not everyone enjoys wrapping presents or there are those who may want some ideas on how to wrap prettier presents. Well, friend, this is for you.
Ideas & Tips for How to Wrap Pretty Presents:
- The wrapping paper doesn’t necessarily need to be the focus. It could be plain-Jane and still look well put together. Brown paper packages tied up with strings is always my go-to.
- Add some sort of focal piece like an ornament or twigs of pine.
- It’s all about the ribbon. Find different textures of ribbons, bows, twine and mix and match with them. This is key.
- Use up your scraps! Go through Grandma’s sewing box to find little accessories and scrap cloths.
- Choose a base ribbon and accent it with other ribbons in a different texture or size.
- Stay within a the same color. Monochromatic ribbons look great together, especially when they’re different textures and sizes.
- Get creative! Have fun! Test things out! Wrapping a gift can almost be as involved as putting together an outfit. Don’t be afraid to mix and match and try new things. Test out new ideas on gifts for yourself or your kids because kids really don’t care how it’s wrapped anyways!
Fun side note, The Ellen Show + Scotch Tape are having a gift wrapping contest and the 1st place prize is $16,000! Use your new skills to enter!
And for the finishing touch to your pretty presents, here are some fun gift tags for you to use. Enjoy!
*If it says there’s an error, just click on the title link and the printable files will show up.*Christmas Tags 2018 8-up